The Legal Knowledge, Skill And Judgment You Need
Based in Santa Cruz, I have been practicing throughout the Monterey Bay and San Francisco Bay Area since 1990. My exclusive focus has been criminal defense — protecting the rights and futures of my fellow Californians in negotiations, trials and appeals. For you, this means I know the laws, the courts and many of the officials who may impact your future.
After A DUI Arrest, You Must Schedule A DMV Hearing
After you are arrested for DUI, you have only 10 days to request a DMV hearing before your license is automatically suspended. For this reason, it is essential you schedule a DMV hearing and contact an attorney to begin preparing your defense.
For more information, contact Andrew C. Janecki at 831-459-0427.
Taking fast action may be critical for your future. I encourage you to contact me now for a free consultation. I take pride in being an honest, experienced and tenacious protector of all my clients’ rights.
An Adept Negotiator And Trial Lawyer With Deep Insight Into The System
If you are innocent or your rights have been violated, I will do everything possible to prove just that — as I have done in winning acquittals in jury trials. My courtroom strengths include:
- Convincing, effective presentation of facts to a jury
- Strong, revealing questioning of witnesses
- A solid balance of aggressiveness and calm diplomacy
Santa Cruz Criminal Defense Attorney — Understanding Your Rights
More often, proactive, skilled negotiation is what you need to get through a bad situation and avoid crippling consequences for you and your family. I have obtained case dismissals, reduction of charges, deferred entries of judgment and sentencing alternatives such as drug treatment and other diversion programs for many California adults and juveniles facing:
- Student crimes — From being charged with a DUI to Title IX sexual misconduct allegations, I help college students dealing with the Office of Student Conduct.
- DUI — Whether a basic first-offense misdemeanor, a felony DUI or a charge made far more serious due to previous convictions
- Driver’s license suspension arising from DUI, misdemeanor traffic violations, an alleged medical problem — all of which require fast action to request a DMV hearing. If you are required to install an ignition interlock device, I can help you comply with California state law in order to obtain a DUI hardship license.
- Chemical DUI: Breath, blood and urine tests — There are a number of forensic and legal issues involved in DUI chemical tests. I review the specifics of your case and ask that the charges be dismissed against you when there are sound reasons for challenging a chemical DUI test.
- Minor in possession of alcohol (MIP) charges with consequences, including an automatic driver’s license suspension
- Drug charges ranging from possession to sale and intent to sell and others where cash or other assets have been seized
- Assault and battery charges, including those alleged to be gang-related and carrying extremely harsh penalties
- Embezzlement and other white collar or property crimes
- Domestic violence allegations or charges
Contact Santa Cruz Criminal Defense Attorney Andrew Janecki
Unfortunately, the ultimate outcome of criminal and traffic cases often hinges on your initial confusion about what to do. I urge you to contact me, attorney Andrew C. Janecki, to get valuable information you need and start discussing alternatives you may not have considered.